- Arnold Dutch Country Potato & Whole Wheat Breads are the commercial breads that I generally purchase. Other Arnold breads do have dairy and eggs.
- Earth Balance Spread and Buttery Sticks are non-hydrogenated dairy free margarines with an excellent flavor. I always recommend it for baking.
- Ener-G Egg Replacer has become indispensable for baking.
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips are really, really good, as well as allergen safe.
- Flax Seed Meal is useful binder/egg substitute for some recipes.
- I.M. Healthy is a good replacement for peanut butter.
- King Arthur Flours have also improved my baked goods. I highly recommend.
- Silk Soymilk & Yogurt are the best tasting we have found and are staples in our kitchen. I once contacted the company after purchasing yogurt with mold in it and the customer service was outstanding.
- Soy Wonder is another good replacement for peanut butter.
- Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese & Better Than Sour Cream are virtually indistinguishable from the real things. [Update: I should have written that they are virtually indistinguishable in recipes. On their own, there is a slight, but noticeable, textural difference.]
A Note on Breadcrumbs:
Since I usually use cookie cutters on The Kid's sandwiches, I save the crusts in the bag from the previous loaf, then once it's full run them through the food processor to make breadcrumbs, which I save in the freezer. If you are looking for ready made breadcrumbs, Panko (Japanese style breadcrumbs) are generally safe, not to mention a fantastic breading, but are much less economical.